(http://www.annehelmond.nl/2007/11/06/a-discussion-with-alexander-galloway-on-protocol-university-of-amsterdam/)
It was pretty similar to what a python turtle can do. Well, it was a programming language designed for kids, though.
I edited the code so that the turtle draws something else similar like:
My code reads as follows:
import turtle
import copy
COLORS = ('red', 'green', 'blue', 'yellow', 'orange')
def tree_burst(level, base, turtle):
"""Draw a symmetrical ternary tree of height level with initial edges
of length base.
"""
if not level: # Pythonese for level == 0
#turtle.forward(base)
pass
else:
turtle_list = []
for h in range(5):
turtle_list.append(turtle.clone())
turtle_list[h].color(COLORS[h])
turtle_list[h].setheading(72 * h)
turtle_list[h].forward(base)
tree_burst(level - 1, base / 2, turtle_list[h])
if __name__ == '__main__':
T = turtle.Turtle()
T.color('red')
T.speed('slow')
# T.hideturtle()
tree_burst(3, 128, T)
I added two more items to the 'color' tuple so that there are five items which last until the index 4 is reached. I also adjusted the angle by which the turtle turns before drawing each section. Playing around with it actually helps understanding how the code actually works.

No comments:
Post a Comment